Sunday, September 7, 2014

4th grade fun!!!

So, we have 2 weeks in the books! I am loving 4th grade. It had been just a wonderful transition and I am so glad that I was able to move up. I have a great group of kids who are excited to learn and who love to read. We are set  up to have an amazing year together!!!

Earlier this summer Amber from Shut the Door and Teach contacted me for something exciting. She was moving down in the grades and I was moving up so she offered the chance for me to use her products in my classroom and to blog about them. I was thrilled to be given this chance and hope I am able to lead you guys to some great products and help out a fellow teacher! So, what's first? Keep reading to find out!

I love getting to know my students, but all the information that teachers hear at the beginning of the year can be a blur. I wanted a way to know what my students were in to and what they liked and were worried about as the new school year started. I turned to Amber and her Student Interest Inventory. I gave it to my students one morning as morning work and I learned a lot about my kids. 

 Here is all of my kids inventories!
 

Here are a couple close up! I commented on every paper. I am going to make copies, so that I have one and I can send the other home. I want my students and parents to know I care about what they do, like, and dislike, in and out of school! I learned a lot of cool things about my students. A lot of them like science and play sports. The last picture the students like tennis, so I am going to see if maybe we can get some things to have tennis stuff during recess!

The next product that I have been using is Place Value Code Breakers. We start our year off with place value and it has been fun when we have had a few extra minutes and during center time to play code breakers. I don't have any pictures of the kids playing but they have enjoyed it. They like trying to figure out what the number is. It has also helped the kids that are struggling with place value. 

I can't wait to use more of Amber's products and introduce them to you! Hop on over to her store to see these and other products. Have a great Sunday and a wonderful week everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*Lena*~

No comments:

Post a Comment