Monday, November 24, 2014

Mixed Up Monday!

I am linking up with The Sunny Side of Second Grade for a new linky party called Mixed Up Monday.

http://sunnysideofsecond.blogspot.com/2014/11/mixed-up-monday-112414.html
I wanted to spend this Mixed Up Monday just talking about some fun things going on in our classroom. We have been doing a lot of learning and having fun while doing it.

 First is my very cute door. We have a lot to gobble about! The kids colored turkeys during morning work that are up on the door. Plus, we really do have a lot to gobble about. We have been spending a lot of time talking about our government and Native American tribes in our state.
 Next, is our post card wall. The kids are loving getting the post cards! We have really enjoyed learning little bits of information about different places. The kids love the funny facts we learn. I know it is going to look really cool once we have all of our post cards!

 So we have been talking about Native American tribes in our state. The students then have to look through all the information they had available to them to find out specific information about the different tribes. They looked for information about the tribes housing, family life, clothing and more. They then had to take the information and create pictures that made sense. Once this was finished they put them on a brown paper bag that they crumpled up. The kids have really enjoyed it and I think they did a really awesome job. I have also loved seeing other students and staff stopping by to view them.
Lastly, I have awesome kids and wonderful parents! I had a parent surprise me with this ADORABLE mason jar. Last year she had sent me one and a few weeks back I knocked it off my desk. I was devastated. So when this came to me I was very excited!

So, that is my mixed up Monday! A little bit of everything but a lot of GOOD THINGS!!!! Hope everyone has a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!

~*~Lena~*~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for participating in the Link Up! I must have tried to respond to this 20 times but the Internet was NOT cooperating with me. Oh technology!

    I am LOVING your postcard wall. I am participating in a postcard exchange with another teacher and I think these types of classroom activities are so meaningful to our students. Way to go you!

    ReplyDelete