Sunday, July 6, 2014

Back to school goals



I am linking up with Jess at I {HEART} Recess for Back to school goals 2014-2015.

 1) Personal- To go workout 3 days a week and that means leaving work at 3:30. I really need to do this. I learned this spring that going and working out helped me relieve stress and helped me lose weight. I want to make sure I am taking some time for me. I know my friends and family will like it because they said I spent too much time at school last year.

2)Organization- Classroom procedures and how I want my class to run. I know I dropped the ball on this last year so I have been reading everything I can to make sure I successfully explain and model my procedures so that the kids get them and can follow them so I am not a crazy lady again.

3)Planning- To have more detailed lesson plans that are also engaging. I went from student teaching having like 3 pages per lesson per day, to just a little snip of what I was doing and I can see that didn't work well. I plan to really think through my lessons and add in questions I know I want to ask and then go back and reflect so that my students get more out of what they are learning. And who doesn't want their lessons to be engaging?

4)Professional- To make sure I am working on my PDP goals. So the school I am at we have to pick two goals to work on each year. Last year I just didn't work on them like I feel I should have. So this year I want to make sure I am looking at them often and reflecting on them often.

5) Students- To make sure they understand the procedures of the room and how to follow them the way I need them to. This goes back to 2.

6) Motto- The quieter you become the more you can hear. I talk A LOT, I need to listen more and let me students talk more.

I really am loving this linky because I think having it out there for others to see will make me want to stick to it more. I hope everyone does great with their goals and has a great school year!!!

~*Lena*~

3 comments:

  1. I like your personal goal... I too need to leave work early enough to get to the gym.... (My goal is to leave before 7:00 pm this year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena!
    It's nice to find another 4th grade blogger. Following you now.
    I totally agree with your personal goal. I used to be so good about going to the gym after school several days a week, but I totally lost that mojo 10 years ago. I need to find it again and "relieve that stress" as you put it.
    Also, the lesson planning....I haven't lesson planned in 3 years, and I can totally see a difference in my teaching. Of course, it's the same lessons over and over at a certain pace, so writing out lesson plans seems worthless, but maybe if I looked at the lesson beforehand and thought about how to deliver that knowledge, it might make a bigger impact {ya think??} ; )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in college I had a professor teach us the "Positive, Proactive, Instructional" approach to class management/procedures. Simply, stay positive, be proactive (plan for mistakes/misunderstandings/etc.), and teach your expectations. Use simple fun activities to teach your procedures. Good luck and thanks for linking up!

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete