Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday



I am linking up with Deanna from Mrs. Jump’s Class this morning for Book Talk Tuesday!

I came across this books a few years back and really love it and so do students. It is called Jack and the Dragon! I am lucky enough to autographed copy!


This book is about Jack, his brothers and a dragon. Jack's brothers like to take advantage of Jack and make him do all the work while they go play.

Well, while his brothers are gone a dragon keeps coming and eating all the food Jack makes.
Finally, Jack follows the dragon when it leaves and ends up down a well.

He finds a princess and treasure but he has to fight the dragon to save her.


He is successful, but his brothers have one more trick up their sleeves. However, Jack wins in the end!


They all live happily ever after!

I love this book and there are a couple other Jack adventure books out there also. I also like that it is an Appalachian Folktale. I will be reading this to my 4th graders this year since we learn all about North Carolina! You can get your copy here~~~>Jack and the Dragon

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
~*Lena*~

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about doing a week-long dragon theme this year and this is definitely a book I could use! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Scarlett at Speech Is Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped by and found something helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what an AWESOME book!! I LOVE dragons, my classroom theme is even dragons, and I did not know this book existed!! Thank you so much for sharing, and so glad I met you through the linky!!

    Warmest Wishes,
    Erin
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete