Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fire Belly What????

So today is a very exciting day, I got my first grant as a teacher!!! I applied for one of those classroom pet grants and the papers were in my mail box at school this morning. The grant got me a free set up and one half price Fire Belly Toad. After school I decided to hit up Petco and get my new classroom friend. The people there were very helpful. Helped me get the really nice set up and everything I needed to get started. I have to say thanks to Petco because the grant bought a really nice set up which cost $77.99. Yes, I about choked when I saw how much it cost. Then I brought it home and my wonderful hubby helped me set it up.
Here is Chris cleaning all the goo off the enclosure. I don't know why but I did not think it would take as long as it did to get this thing ready and set up but we did it together.
So here it is all set up before we put the toad into it. I thought it was cool it came with this brick thing that you had to put in water and it expanded. That and some moss is what is in the bottom. Then it was time to put in our new friend.
He seems very happy and active in his new home! I hope he is happy. 

Now all my new friend needs is a name. I would love some suggestions because I am coming up blank. We have a Beta fish named Marbles and a cat named Flame so what should this little guy's name be? I can't wait for the girls to see him and I really can't wait for my 4th graders to meet him in the fall!!!!

Here is the link from the site I got the grant from. I really am so excited that I was able to get the grant and get this little guy!!!
http://www.petsintheclassroom.org/




 

No comments:

Post a Comment