Friday, August 22, 2014

Room set up, open house and 1st day or 4th grade!!!

Hello dear friends!!! It has been awhile since I have blogged. It has been a crazy 2 weeks since I started back at work. We went back the 11th and got into trainings and planning. However, all I wanted to do was get into my classroom. The charter school I work for is expanding and out 2nd-7th grades moved into a new building and it wasn't quite ready yet. Finally, or Wednesday of last week we were able to bring stuff in and see out rooms but could not decorate yet. Below are some pictures of my new room before I got started with it. I was excited it is really nice!
  
When we were finally able to get started decorating I was super excited! I was lucky enough to have my wonderful husband to come in and help me some. I am so very loved!!!







I don't have any pics of my room all finished I will have to get some on Monday!

Open house was awesome. I only had 4 people not show up! All the parents were really awesome and supportive. I heard a lot of if you need anything let us know, we would love to help in class, and just other great things. They all seem excited and super supportive. I am even lucky enough to have some awesome parents from last year with me again this year!!!

Our first day is always a half day. So kids started coming in at 7:45 and we got started about 8:45. They all seem so excited about the year. I was really excited to hear a lot of them really like science!!! We toured the new school, went over rules and important times, and did a few getting to know you things. The end of the day was at 11:30 but car line took a really long time (we knew this going into it) and I think my last kid left at almost 1:30. All in all it was a good day. I have a great group and I know we are going to have an amazing year! I can't wait to really get started!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

~*Lena*~

3 comments:

  1. A half day for the first day is a great idea, but not if the dismissal lasts for 2 hours! Hopefully they work out the kinks for the first full day:)

    Mary
    http://4thworks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the final pictures of your room! The school looks fabulous! Glad you had a great first day... hopefully it leads to a great year!!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your flexible tables and your chairs! I'm stuck with traditional, huge desks that take up SO much room it makes it hard to provide flexible learning spaces around the room. Would love to see final pics of your new room!

    ReplyDelete