Saturday, August 9, 2014

You Oughta know about GoNoodle

It's time for my first blog hop!!!! I am linking up with Jasmine at Buzzing with Mrs. McClain for You oughta know....

So, last school year I came across this wonderful site, GoNoodle.com. My students LOVED it. This site is something you oughta to know about.
GoNoodle.com is a site for brain breaks. It has so many different options that everyone can find something. There are dancing brain breaks, popular songs, things to help calm students and things to help energize them. They have been working all summer to update the site and make it super user friendly. They have gave more options and ways to decided what brain break you want to use and they are even asking your opinion on what you want to see next. There are just so many choices all in one place!




When you set up your class you will get a main home screen like this...



One of the brain breaks I love the most is called Airtime. It is all about calm breathing. Students calmly breath in and out as a bubble floats through the air. At the end you get a post card to learn about new places all over the United States. The facts are fun and interesting and I have learned a lot of fun things I didn't know. Click the link below to see Airtime. I love to so this break before we did a test just to get the kids calm and ready to go. So many told me it made them feel better about taking the test, which is always a good thing! Click the picture below for a youtube video on Airtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRDztNYmVr4


One of the other things I love about GoNoodle are the Champs. The kids love them. They are these cute little creatures that change as you do more brain breaks. My students always got excited what it was time for our Champ to transform.




All around I just love this site. I will be using it again this year and hope my 4th graders love it as much at my 1st graders did! I hope you love the site!

Now go hop around and find some other things you oughta know!!!

~*Lena*~

8 comments:

  1. This site looks fantastic! I will definitely be checking out ready for the new school year. Thank for the tip!

    Holly
    http://teachwithhollyrachel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!! I will have to check out this site!!! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I haven't heard about or seen this website before. I will definitely take the time to check it out.
    Best wishes!
    Jen
    TeacherKarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. This site is new to me and sounds interesting. Teaching Science With Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops! Accidentally deleted last post... Welcome to 4th! Glad to have another at my level to follow.

    Mary
    4th Works

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I was so worries everyone was going to know about GoNoodle and be like why did she post about this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been meaning to check out this site since last school year! Glad for this reminder from you! We did Brain Breaks all last year, but I love the way this site looks! :)

    ReplyDelete