Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Currently



Good Morning dear friends!

I am linking up with Farley for July Currently! I am sad it is already July. It doesn’t seem like we have been out that long but we will be going back soon! I will be sharing a lot in the next few weeks so keep an eye out for new post. Let’s get started!


Listening- Again this summer I have my two girls and my friend’s daughter and son. It proves to be very helpful because they keep each other busy. It is becoming an everyday thing for them to play Skylanders first thing in the morning. I don’t mind so much and listening to them talk about what they need to do and have to do can be very funny!

Loving- I am loving the sunshine and the pool! Some of my parents gave me Target gift cards this year and I finally put them to good use and bought myself a lounge chair. I love it and it has been nice to have somewhere to lay out during the day. Jana’s dad was nice enough to help us out with a pool for the kids. It is a great size for the kids and they have loved having it. I have even gotten in and played with them!

Thinking- As my husband says, I am so a teacher! I have been looking at Pinterest and browsing blogs looking for new ideas for my classroom. I can’t wait to really get to working on it. I know I need to print stuff such as task cards to get ready. It just seems like the days are slipping by and I am getting nothing done.

Wanting and Needing- My wanting and needing are one in the same. I need/want to get in a routine for working out and use my Dailyburn. This is a tough thing for me because I like results and I get discouraged about this type of thing very easily. I just need to start doing it and just make that my result, that I did it for the day, instead of how much weight have I lost. Has anyone found anything for weight loss that they really like?

All Star- Allen (Jana’s 5 year old son) hates green beans. I mean he really hates them! It has been a fight to even get him to eat a couple. Both our families are firm believers in you have to eat a couple even if you think you don’t like it. Well I have grown to like green beans more as I have gotten older but I prefer French cut of other types. I gave Allen some French cut ones at lunch the other day with some ketchup and he ate them without any fuss. We tried again last night, with cut green beans and he ate them again. Now I know we would all rather not have him dip them in ketchup but let’s fight one battle at a time.
I know July is going to be filled with a lot of wonderful things! I can’t wait to see what is in store. I hope you all have a great first day of July!

~*~Lena~*~

3 comments:

  1. Lena,
    I'm eyeing a chair from Target too! I'm hoping for a really great clearance deal! Enjoy spending time with the kids, and masking those green beans for Allen! I do the same thing with my husband ;)
    Kristin
    Fifth Grade Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a GREAT idea to purchase a chair with your gift cards. Now, you can remember the sweet students that gave the cards to you!!

    OH! And maybe you can help my husband *love* broccoli. I'm still working on that one! ;)

    Lindsay
    Primary Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      For the broccoli, it is going to sound very weird but spaghetti sauce. I do not care for broccoli but I couldn't get my 7 year old to try if I didn't so we had it one night and I put spaghetti sauce on it. It is still not my most favorite thing but I can at least eat it lol.

      Delete