Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Made It!!!

Good morning!!!

I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It. This is my first one of the summer and I am super excited about it.

So, made it number 1- I found these little chalk boards attached to close pins at Target. *I love Target* I picked up like 40, I will probably need a couple more packs before all is said and done. I got to looking at the little chalk boards and thought they are so cute but they are boring.


See, boring right? Well I could not leave them this way. They just need to be cute. So I found some different types of Duct Tape and got to work!

I am not done will all 40 yet but these are some I have finished so far. I think they are much cuter now. I will write the kids numbers on them and then hang their work with them. I think it will look super cute and it will make changing the kids work out super easy!

This next project I saw another teacher do on their blog. I can't remember where I saw it but thank you for the great idea.

Let me start by saying that I am horrible about keeping up with a planner. With everything I have going on between, school, my girls, my husband and myself I really need to keep up with it better. Well, I started looking around trying to find something that will help keep me using my planner. One thing I came across was paper clips with tassels!  I loved the idea!!! They were super cute, I could personalize them, and they will help make my planner my own.

I started with these paper clips that I found at Michael's. They were different and just made me happy. I then found some cute fabric for the tassel part. I then cute the fabric into strips. Put a couple of strips together and put them through the middle of the circle.
Then, I put the two sides together and sewed them.
They ended up like this! I think they are quite cute. I can't wait for my planner to get here so I can use these. I might use them on other things than just my planner too!

What things did you have time to make this week?

~*~Lena~*~




 

14 comments:

  1. I like your little clips. I also think that kids would love to use these as book marks. I've also been looking at those mini chalkboards in the Dollar Spot. I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet, but I love the idea of using washi tape on them. Great ideas, Lena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really thinking about making the clips as book marks to. Might just have to do that now that you said it!

      Delete
  2. I love the Dollar Spot - you can always find such great things to create and use. Thanks for sharing!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Dollar Spot, my husband not so much!

      Delete
  3. I love your projects- especially the planner clips. I just bought a new planner last night and am looking for ideas to make it my own!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea for the little chalkboards! They are so cute. I wish I had a Target close by.
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Morgan. It's no fun not having a Target close.

      Delete
  5. The little chalkboards are darling! I may pick some up myself. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those little chalkboards! Yours is the second post I'm seeing today with them! Haha! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hanging work idea! I have a little bit of a chalkboard obsession haha

    I'm really bad at a planner too. I get one every year (thankfully not crazy expensive) and then fall by the wayside. I was so good in school, but now...SIGH. Those paperclips are ADORABLE though.

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well keep checking my blog. I am going to post about how I use mine. Maybe it will help you too!

      Delete