Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday at Five- 7/18/2014



I am again linking up with Doodle Bug for Five for Friday!!! Not to many more of these before school will be back in full swing.

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/07/five-for-friday-linky-party-july-18.html



I have finally completed my teacher toolbox. It seemed like it was going to take forever but it is done and I am proud of it. I also lucked up and found one of the 22 drawer boxes this week and got it for $10!!! So, I decorated it up and I am using it for task cards, game pieces and other things for students to use.





Next, I am working hard to get things put in my TPT store. I finished reading Guided Math and decided I needed something for morning math warmup. So, I created some task cards and some printable/projectable warmups I call, The Answer is? The idea is you give your students the answer to a math problem and then they figure out what the word problem should be. I think this is really going to get my 4th graders critically thinking!!





Next, I am excited about getting a copy of Fourth Grade Studio’s new Graphing product called- Great Graphs- A constructivist graphing resource for grades 3-5 because my wonderful teammate Mandee tagged me in the giveaway post. So, thanks to both of them for creating an awesome product and tagging me to win an awesome product!



I have had the pleasure of joining a new collaboration for teachers this week. The Educators Collaborate I know it's blossoming into an awesome resource for educators! It is a forum for teachers to share ideas and answers. I was exposed to this through one of my college professors who is a part of the community that started the site. I am really excited to see where this site takes me and how many new connections I can make!



Lastly, yesterday I was looking at my blog stats for the past month and was dumbfounded when I saw people from Russia, and Germany, and the Ukraine, and from all over the States have taken time out of their lives to view my blog! It makes me feel really humbled that people take time out of their day to see what is going on in my little world, so THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Everyone have a GREAT Friday!!!

~*Lena*~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lena. I stumbled onto your blog and had enjoyed reading all about you and your posts. I'm your newest follower and fellow (newly retired) fourth grade teacher from Oregon! I'm glad to find you!
    Heather
    Mrs. Renz Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lena,

    I love how your teacher toolbox came out. I bought one a week or so ago, and I'm trying to find the motivation to get it decorated. You inspired me to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I was about to inspire you! Hope to see yours soon!

      Delete
  3. Lena, your teacher toolbox looks great! Love the pink and blue! I made mine last year and absolutely love it. My summer school students right now are constantly trying to peek into all the tiny drawers.

    Kristin
    That Fancy Blog Boutique
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete