Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It {7-14-14}



I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics again for Monday Made It. I have had a lot of fun making things this week!!!
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/07/monday-made-it-summer-week-7.html

First is something I have been working on for a bit and I know some of your are interested to see. If you checked out my Five for Friday you saw this pic....
And I asked what you thought it was....Well it is part of my teacher toolbox. I got really lucky. In my area a company was trying to sell water purification things and if you listened to their pitch you got a Lowes 25 dollar gift card. I wanted my toolbox so I was more than happy to listen, I however felt bad for the lady who did the pitch, but that is a long story. Anyways, I ended up with the 39 drawer toolbox and some HOT pink spray paint. Well the spray paint and I didn't become friend. It looked splotchy and just a mess so I had to figure out something else.

 

So I decided to use an old favorite of mine, DUCK TAPE!!!

 I bought some bright pink duck tape and went to work. I think it took like 4 huge pieces but I like the way it turned out. But then I had those lines which I wasn't crazy about and the front where the drawers go was still the splotchy pink paint, what to do what to do? Well.....

...add cute ribbon of course!!! So, I went to Wal-Mart and got some cute ribbon to cover up some of those lines.

Also I don't know if you can see the darker line by the big drawers but that is a pretty glitter ribbon that I liked. 

I would say all in all it turned out well and I really like it.

For number 2 I created the labels to go in my drawers. This to say was a tough process but they turned out nice and look great in my drawers.
This is a sheet of the small ones and a sheet of the big ones. Ad you can find these in my TPT store!!! 
And, last but not least is something I am proud of. I created a game for my students to play to review and study about North Carolina. I think it turned out good and I am excited about getting to use it in my class this year.

I know this was a long post so thanks for sticking with me! Have a great week!!!

~*~LENA~*~

13 comments:

  1. Your toolbox turned out great! I love the hot pink!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toolbox looks terrific! I bought one last year, but I just left it the color that it was. I would like to paint it, but so far I haven't motivated myself to do many crafty things this summer.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make one of these! Now I am a little leery of the duct tape... Maybe I'l go straight for the duct tape. I wonder how chalkboard paint would do?

    Coast to Coast Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think chalkboard paint would be cool. My husband said the reason the spray paint didn't work so well because I put to much to fast, which is probably true. But the tape worked really well for me and I think if I want to change the color it will be much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered my tool boxes and can't wait to personalize them! I really like how yours turned out. Hope mine look half so cute!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you never gave up with the tool box- you are an engineer!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That is the cutest storage system I've seen! Love the pink and polka dots!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your tool box came out! That is something I need to make this summer. Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink is my favorite! Your teacher tool box turned out great.

    Meagan
    oodlesofteachingfun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the toolbox! It is so cute. Especially the glitter ribbon. Adorable!!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  11. The toolbox is adorable. When I made my labels, 3 sets were messed up. They took forever. I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for the love about my tool box. It was painful and fun all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete